June 03, 2005
Friday Random Ten - The Jeopardy Edition
I got this idea from Sheelzebub at Pinko Feminist Hellcat. She posted the lyrics to songs, and asked you to identify the artist and name of the song. This cuts out a lot of the songs on my iTunes because I like lots of dark ambient, trance, techno, and industrial. I'm lucky if there are three words in any of those songs. I'm even luckier if they have a melody. Some of the music I listen to sounds like you're sitting in the boiler room of a ship. I tried to include some songs normal people are likely to know, but a few are less well known.
Hmmmm... I just noticed there are quite a few depressing lyrics here. My Freudian slip is showing. Heh. Must be the fed-up mood I've been in lately, and the days of rain haven't helped. However, there has been some nice springtime weather lately, and it will last the weekend. Good. It's about time.
1. All around me are familiar faces.
Worn out places. Worn out faces.
Bright and early for their daily races.
Going nowhere. Going nowhere.
2. As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.
I take a look at my life and realize there's not much left.
'Cause I been blasting and laughing so long that
Even my momma thinks my mind is gone.
3. I'm just a poor boy. I need no sympathy.
Because I'm easy come, easy go.
Little high, little low.
4. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
I think I did it again.
I made you believe.
We're more than just friends.
5. When you woke up this morning everything you had was gone.
By half past ten your head was going ding-dong.
Ringing like a bell from your head down to your toes, like a voice
telling you there was something you should know.
6. De Alto Cedro voy para Marcan
Llego a Cueto, voy para Mayar
El cario que te tengo
No te lo puedo negar
se me sale la babita
Yo no lo pueod evitar
Cuando Juanica y Chan Chan
En el mar cernan arena
Como sacuda el jibe
A Chan Chan le daba pena
(I gave a BIG hint in this one.)
7. Sunrise burns my fortress down crumbling to the ground.
I found my arrow, my lightning spark buried in my heart.
No hounds to guide me, no army at my back.
I'm gonna stand up.
Firecracker, lightening seed, it was always in me.
8. So come along within
I think it's time to let me in,
I'm tipping my foot very close to the edge,
and just a few more of your seconds,
And I need for me to repair
to neatly stand and spin it around in my head.
Oh can I please have some silence?
How about some space?
Oh can I please have some silence?
Can I have some space?
9. Picture me on a postcard.
Picture me, on a magazine.
Call me on your private number.
You've got my photograph
On your bedroom wall.
10. Illuminati. A secret society do exist.
Illuminati. ti ti ti ti ti
Illuminati. A secret society do exist.
Illuminati. ti ti ti ti ti ti ti ti...
(This one is dedicated to my husband. When he sees it, he'll laugh so hard he'll spit coffee all over his computer screen. We crack jokes about this song all the time.)
Bonus Track: I don't have this one on my iTunes, but I'm throwing it in for pure fun. Do you recognize it?
Germany was having trouble
What a sad, sad story
Needed a new leader to restore
Its former glory
Where, oh, where was he?
Where could that man be?
We looked around and then we found
The man for you and me.
Just click on the link below to get the answers. And don't laugh at a certain one. ;)
Here are the answers:
1. What is "Mad World" by Michael Andrews, from the soundtrack of "Donnie Darko"?
2. What is "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio?
3. What is "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen?
4. What is "Oops I Did It Again" by Britney Spears? (Yeah, I have four of her songs on my iTunes. Call me crazy.)
5. What is "Woke Up This Morning", the theme to "The Sopranos"?
6. What is "Chan Chan", from the soundtrack to "The Buena Vista Social Club"?
7. What is "Fallen Icons" by Delerium?
8. What is "Mindcircus" (Gabriel and Dresden mix) by Way Out West for In Search of Sunrise 3?
9. What is "Picture Me" by Republica?
10. What is "Illuminati" by Fatboy Slim, from the soundtrack to the first "Tomb Raider" movie?
Bonus Track: What is "Springtime for Hitler" from the movie "The Producers"?
Posted on June 3, 2005 at 08:03 AM | Permalink
Coffee, nose, spew, eew!
Posted by: Initria at Jun 3, 2005 8:30:13 AM
I guess the Magic Cleaning Fairy will have to mop it up... ;)
Posted by: Trish Wilson at Jun 3, 2005 8:35:09 AM